Efflictim - WZRD

                                                        


How would you feel if you heard in the news that I was dead?
What would you do if you found out from your friends that I was dead?
Would you cycle through your mind think of all the things you shoulda said
Or coulda did differently.. if I was dead?


[Hook]
I'm just tryna say life is too short
Though I make mistakes, baby I'm tryna make it right
All I'm tryna say's that life is too short
All we've got is love, baby and it's time to make it right


If I'm alive that is.. If I'm alive that is
Do you think of me at all? Would you think of me at all?


[Verse 2]
Who would you talk to? Who would be your friend if I was dead?
Who would you run to? Who would kiss your face if I was dead?

Would you cycle through your mind, think of all the things, the good and bad
Seeing things differently.. if I was dead?


[Hook]

[Outro]
Goodbye


Short and errr, not so sweet. I love this song because of the raw lyrics. I love Cudi because he always bares his soul on all of his tracks. He knows exactly how to tap into the emotions of his listeners.The first time that I heard the opening lines, I thought that he was alluding to a situation where a person was going to threaten suicide or where they were just asking their significant other straight up, "What if I died tomorrow?" Figuratively, I thought about a situation in which a person could grow tired of being so in love and caring so much for another person who could care less. The. worst. feeling. EVER. It's never a good sign if you have to ask: "Do you think of me at all? Would you think of me at all...?" 

Because this question is posed in the song, I think the listener is able to see that a turning point will be reached toward the end. Life really is short, and it does no good to spend it by being taken for granted by another person. You can echo this as many times as Cudi does in this song, but if it doesn't register with the person, what good is that wasted breath full of words that fall on deaf ears?  You have to leave that person, and become dead to them in a sense...they will start to rewind and "cycle through their minds" regretting how they acted. They'll see what they missed and then maybe they'll attempt to make it right, but by then it may be too late. That's why he says, "If I'm alive that is." The limit may have already been reached and you might have already said, "Goodbye." 

 US iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store WZRD - WZRD

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo