Cemeteries in London - Coldplay

Cemeteries in London is the first song in this long foreseeable shuffle. This is fitting since Coldplay is one of my favorite bands. Yes, I even liked them before "Clocks" or "Fix You." During undergrad I was even blessed enough to come across some of their old music from their pre-Parachutes era. I've been hooked ever since. 
Anyway, Cemeteries in London is track #2 off of the Viva La Vida album which was released around the summer of 2008. At that time, I was interning on the Hill and exploring a city that was foreign to me. A city which I had no idea would have such a huge impact on my life--Washington D.C. During that summer in particular, the weather in the District was quite unpredictable. I just know that there was a time that I walked back from the metro, umbrella in tow as I blasted this song on my old iPod:

"At night they would go walking, till the breaking of the day
The morning is for sleeping 
Through the dark streets, they go searching to see God in their own way...

 ...God is in the houses and God is in my head
And all the cemeteries in London
I see God come in my garden,but I don't know what he said
For my heart it wasn't open

Not open

Pure beauty. The lyrics say it all and that's only a snippet. We all search and wander around looking for something amazing that could certainly be right in front of us, only to miss it because we can't even comprehend its existence. Because we're too caught up in the day to day. Because we're too prideful. Whatever it is you're searching for, just keep your heart open. This song is just a reminder, and I so needed one.




  Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends - Coldplay

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo