So Nice, So Smart - Kimya Dawson

"You're so nice and you're so smart
You're such a good friend, I have to break your heart
I'll tell you that I love you, then I'll tear your world apart
Just pretend I didn't tear your world apart...

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a sucker for a great soundtrack; Juno was no exception. This track, and all the other tracks featured on this album that were penned by Kimya Dawson stood out due to sheer quirkiness. I hadn't heard anything like it before because it's like a happy song with some sad lyrics. Now, I can't say that I understand all of the lyrics to this song...however, one thing is for sure, I get the gist of the chorus which I wrote out above.

This chorus showcases a lover that's going to be duped. You know, that Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde scenario where you're with someone who is seemingly infatuated with you and then...draws back the curtain and reveals their true self/feelings in one quick, swift, blow. They just we'rent that into you. Or they were but they didn't know how to handle it. Bottom-line is that it's ugly. Sad. And confusing at best.

This song just makes the scenario a little less terrible. Ha. 




  Juno (Music from the Motion Picture) - Various Artists

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo