Scared Money - Kelis



I know you're afraid to come with me, but tonight, I'm gonna present you with pleasure. See, scared money don't make none, so roll with me and I will be your treasure.

Kelis Rogers, oh how I love thee! The Wanderland album is still one of my favorites. My oldest sister had to work hard to track this album down back in '01 because it wasn't released in the states; only in parts of Europe. I never understood why, but I'm sure it had to do with record label politics. Maybe they were dissatisfied which is ridiculous. I honestly think that this was some of Kelis' best work. Her first two albums were magic with the help of the Neptunes. Their musical chemistry was amazing and I REALLY miss their collabos! 

Scared Money is one of my favorite tracks off this album because it spells out the fact that at the end of the day, love is risk! The chorus analogizes love to money/gambling. You can't win if you don't play; scared money don't make none.  *Rolls dice*

P.S. This album is not even available in the iTunes store otherwise I would link it!



0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo